Hotel is located in the area of a former coal mine Jan Maria found in 19th century. Mining here began in 1844 and continued till 1963 when mining here was terminated and the mine shut down.
The depth of the pit is known to be 453m.
In the year 2000 KR Ostrava, a.s. bought the grounds in a run down condition and after costly
renovations built its headquarters here. In 2002-2003 the basement areas of the restaurant were reconstructed and a wine cellar was built. In October 2007 began the building of hotel Jan Maria****The grand opening
was on June 6th, 2008. In 2014 hotel‘s restaurant was remodeled.
For more information on history of the hotel please visit Wikipedia.